La Vernia ISD will revolutionize teaching and learning and improve student achievement through the innovative application of enabling and transformative technologies.
We Believe That:
- The implementation of technology improves student achievement and promotes higher-order thinking.
- The integration of technology transforms the teaching and learning process.
- Technology should enhance effective teaching, not replace it.
- Technology is a critical resource for the instruction of students and the management of the school district.
- Technology is a critical tool for life-long learning.
- Technology should enhance the opportunities for collaboration and communication between and among students, staff, parents and the community.
The mission of the La Vernia ISD Technology Department is to improve student academic achievement, transform teaching and learning, promote enhanced communication and collaboration among all stakeholders and cultivate life-long learning through the application of innovative technologies backed by outstanding customer service and support.